£26K starting salary (reviewed at six months) plus car allowance
We are looking to recruit a self-motivated, hardworking and ambitious recent graduate in a scientific or technical/analytical subject to train as an International Business Development Consultant.
If you are the kind of person who gets things done, this could be a great career move for you. If you are keen to combine some of the knowledge and skills developed in your degree with business, this would also be a great move. If you have exceptional interpersonal skills, energy, resilience and are excited by the thought of developing sales in a sophisticated, highly-technical business environment, this could be perfect for you.
Pharmaceuticals is one of the most exciting, sophisticated and intellectually rigorous industries in the world. It is vital that pharma and biotechnology companies price and forecast the sales of their products properly – that is where we (and you could) come in…
To give you a flavour…
In order to be an effective and successful international BD consultant with Inpharmation, you must:
- Convey complex information and concepts one-to-one and to groups of highly sophisticated, intelligent customers.
- Develop the expertise of a consultant without losing sight of your primary purpose: to sell.
- Identify key decision makers and persistently but tactfully navigate your way through switchboards and hierarchies to make appointments. This stage requires grit and determination.
- Be a skilled listener. You must learn to ask the right questions so we can properly understand our clients’ needs – only then can we use our skills to help them.
- Establish the superiority of our products and expertise and demonstrate to our customers how we can use these to help them.
- Never be afraid to ask for the business.
- Put together and deliver superb presentations.
- Train our customers how to use our forecasting and pricing software.
- Develop strong long-term relationships with our customers. (Many of our clients are long standing and rely on our expertise to help them navigate through complex business decisions.)
There is more…
You must also:
- Learn to take detailed briefs from our customers.
- Learn how to put together insightful and impactful proposals.
- Be able to work on your own and also a part of a team. You will be working closely with not only your business development colleagues but also with our modellers, analysts, programmers and directors.
- Learn how to read, digest and summarise legal documents like confidentiality agreements and contracts.
- Follow a project from brief to delivery.
- Enjoy extensive international travel especially to Europe and the USA.
You will underpin your exceptional selling skills by developing:
- An excellent, ongoing understanding of the best methods of forecasting and pricing pharmaceuticals.
- An in-depth knowledge of our methods and technologies, and how these align with best practice.
- An in-depth knowledge of how to conduct pharma-specific market research.
- A strong working knowledge of physiology, disease areas, pharmaceuticals and the pharma industry (Within one year, you will be expected to pass, with distinction, the industry specific examination set by the ABPI.)
So, if you have a first or upper second in a scientific or technical/analytical subject from a top university; if you have exceptional interpersonal skills, energy and resilience, and if the thought of developing sales in a highly-technical, highly-sophisticated environment excites you, let’s talk.