Full time. Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (some flexibility for the right person)
Starting salary £27,000 + bonus; company pension match of up to 5% of salary
27 days’ annual leave
We are looking for someone to help ensure the smooth running of our office.
Inpharmation specialises in pricing and forecasting pharmaceuticals. It provides market-leading consultancy, software and expert advice to major pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world. All the top twenty pharmaceutical companies are customers. Inpharmation is known for the quality of it training of both our customers and our employees.
This busy role requires energy and the bringing together of many skills. To give you a flavour, here is a list of the things our admin team has done in the last two weeks:
- Answered phone to customers. (Our customers come from all over the world. They are highly intelligent, highly educated and work in one of the most sophisticated industries in the world. You will need to professionally direct enquiries, answer questions and, occasionally, tactfully act as a gatekeeper.)
- Replied to emails, typed letters, created documents.
- Created entries on our CRM (Salesforce) and created charts for the Head of Sales.
- Ordered and set up a new computer for a new employee.
- Trained the new employee to use SharePoint, Salesforce and Outlook.
- Proofread several proposals.
- Booked a business trip for one of our sales team.
- Chased, collated and checked travel expenses. Did expenses for a colleague who is travelling.
- Found an engineer to fix a heater. Sorted out the servicing of two company cars.
- Entered bank statements and invoices into the accounts’ ledger.
- Created and sent invoices.
- Arranged meetings: set up the rooms, arranged catering etc.
- Researched pensions – book and web research. Created spreadsheets. Data entry.
- Bought stationery and office supplies.
- Put together packages for customers.
- Liaised with everybody in the company.
- Plus the myriad of other things we have done but can’t quite remember, which are all part of running of an efficient office!
It is highly unlikely you have done everything on this list before. However, we are looking for someone who can put “have-done-before” ticks beside a good number of the items and is confident enough to put “no-problem, can-do” ticks beside the rest.
We are offering…
- A starting salary of £27,000 (increasing to £29,000 on successful completion of a six‑month probationary period).
- 27 days’ paid holiday each year (plus Bank Holidays).
- A company pension contribution match of 5% of your salary.
- A unique chance to work in an area that is highly valued by the pharmaceutical industry.
- A chance to work with like-minded, highly intelligent, innovative, dynamic, hardworking people.
- An environment where everybody’s contribution counts. For a hardworking talented person, this is an opportunity to shine.
- Remuneration that is strongly linked to performance.
- A generous bonus scheme that reflects individual and team performance.
Specifically, you must be…
- Literate, numerate, willing to learn and develop new skills, and quickly get to grips with new technologies.
- Microsoft Word savvy and Microsoft Excel friendly. (Experience in PowerPoint, Salesforce, SharePoint and Outlook would be advantageous.)
- Able to proofread.
- Able to prioritise and remain calm and cheerful when things get hectic.
- Able to remain focused when things are happening all around you.
- Pro-active and motivated on days when things are quiet.
- Able to anticipate and head off potential issues before they happen.
- Happy working on your own and equally happy working with others.
- Keen to work with a positive, hardworking, energetic self-starters.
- Able to take all the above in your stride.
If you are smart and pride yourself on getting the job done, then give us a call.