International Business Development Consultant
International Business Development Consultant – Graduate position
Starting salary £27K (reviewed at six months)
We are looking to recruit and train a bright, self-motivated, hardworking and ambitious person to be an International Business Development Consultant. This would be an excellent career move for someone who wants to use their science background but who enjoys the challenge of sales. This position will provide experience, skills and expertise that are highly valued by the pharmaceutical industry.
Inpharmation is a nimble, innovative company providing unique and intellectually rigorous forecasting, demand research, pricing market research and consultancy to the pharmaceutical industry. All the top ten pharma companies rely on our expertise to make major business decisions.
In this role, you will…
- Develop the expertise of a top-notch consultant without losing sight of your primary purpose – to sell.
- Be a skilled listener who can ask the right questions. Only by properly understanding our customers’ needs can we determine how our expertise, products and services can best help them.
- Establish in our customers’ minds the superiority of our products and expertise, and not be afraid to ask for the business.
- Rapidly assimilate the technicalities of pharmaceutical forecasting and pricing, our methodologies and technologies.
- Quickly get to grips with the medical and technical background to the pharmaceutical industry. You will continually update your knowledge. (Within one year you will be expected to pass the industry-specific examination set by the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.)
- Identify key decision makers and persistently but tactfully navigate your way through switchboards and hierarchies to make appointments. This stage is demanding: cold calling requires resilience.
- Convey complex information and concepts to sophisticated customers in group and one-to-one meetings.
- Put together and deliver powerful presentations.
- Develop long-term relationships with key decision makers. Many of our customers have worked with us over many years on multiple projects. They choose us because we know what we are doing, and we provide an excellent service. Once established, you will find many customers will see you as an expert and want to consult with you.
- Teach clients how to forecast and price pharmaceuticals.
- Train them to use our off-the-shelf software packages.
- Read, digest and summarise legal documents like confidentiality agreements and contracts.
- Take briefs from customers and put together detailed proposals.
We are offering…
- A starting salary of £27,000 (increasing to £29,000 on successful completion of a six‑month probationary period).
- A car allowance of £4,500 p.a.
- 27 days’ paid holiday each year (plus Bank Holidays).
- A company pension contribution match of 5% of your salary.
- A unique chance to work in an area that is highly valued by the pharmaceutical industry.
- An extraordinary opportunity to acquire a wide range of skills, a broad knowledge base and first-class business skills.
- An ongoing development program tailored to your skill set and abilities. (We know that at the outset nobody has all the skills this job requires but we are looking for someone with the potential to acquire them.)
- A chance to work with like-minded, highly intelligent, innovative, dynamic, hardworking people.
- An environment where everybody’s contribution counts. For a hardworking talented person, this is an opportunity to shine.
- Remuneration that is strongly linked to performance.
- A generous bonus scheme that reflects individual and team performance.
The job of business development with Inpharmation would suit you if you…
- Have a history of getting the job done to a high standard.
- Are keen to get into the sharp end of business.
- Are naturally optimistic, resilient and reasonably extraverted.
- Can prioritise and are extremely well organised.
- Have a 2:1 or higher from a top twenty university in a life-science, science, economics or similar discipline.
- Have knowledge of Excel and simple spreadsheet modelling.
- Have an intuitive grasp of mathematics and understand basic statistics.
- Speak English fluently and clearly. We are an international company and many of our customers do not speak English as a first language: the onus is on us to communicate.
- Have excellent verbal and written skills – you will need to communicate, daily, with our customers. (You will have to write detailed proposals, explanatory documents, put together presentations, and proofread and critique the work of others.)
- Are well presented and confident speaking in public.
- Are excited by the thought of travelling extensively in Europe, UK and USA.
- Can work from to our offices in Stokenchurch (HP14 3FE), Buckinghamshire.
If this sounds like the sort of role you would relish; if you are smart with great interpersonal skills, optimistic, energetic and resilient; if we seem like the sort of people and company you would like to work with, please get in touch.
Karen Dobbs ,
want to join the team then send your CV to moc/noitamrahpni//sbbod/nerak
By sending us your CV you are providing consent for us to store your data and contact you. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at ku/oc/noitamrahpni//ofni.