Many of the great pharma forecasting failures have focused too much on market shares and too little on the size of the market. Forecasting whether and by how much a market will grow is the “high-wire” act of pharma forecasting. Yet, forecasting this growth is essential when you are dealing with treatments for under-treated conditions or with breakthrough treatments.
Inpharmation’s pharmaceutical modelling software includes 5 powerful tools to help estimate key forecast assumptions, when your existing epidemiological sources lack data. This means that when you need to create a new forecast with limited resources, FlexiCast can quickly recommend evidence-based assumptions. The following tools are included:
- Market expansion Estimate if your new treatment could increase the size of the treated patient population.
- Epi-cascade Quickly build up a simple interpolated epi-cascade in <6 clicks.
- Adjustor Infer sensible epi cascade assumptions, including prevalence and treatment rates, from simple “best-guess” assumptions.
- Compliance estimator Estimate patient compliance using a calculator based on treatment characteristics and therapy-area dynamics.
- Continuation estimator Estimate continuation rates using a calculator based on therapy-area specific data sources.
Powerful tools to help estimate assumptions for the key levels of your forecast cascade.
"FlexiCast is a great tool as it is based on evidence. This makes it a lot easier to sell forecasting results to top level decision makers."
Strategy and Portfolio Manager, Top-10 pharmaceutical company
Evidence-based pharma forecasting software
75% of the top-20 global pharma companies use Inpharmation’s evidence-based forecasting platform. When you need accurate and reliable forecasts, you need solutions that are based upon validated, pharma-specific models and tools.
Most importantly, your Pharma-Specific™ forecasting software needs to be specific to your brand’s therapy area:
- With 73 different forecast models, FlexiCast has evidence-based forecast models that are appropriate for all main therapy areas.
- Inpharmation’s oncology-specific forecast models have been validated in the major tumor types, across EU5, US and Japan.
- Inpharmation’s core share models have been validated across 24 of the major therapeutic areas for EU5, US and Japan.
Included in all FlexiCast software licenses is industry-leading software training. 93% of pricing and market access course attendees highly rate our forecasting training.
The evidence behind Inpharmation’s fact-based approach to pricing is meticulously documented in the book Sales Forecasting for Pharmaceuticals: An Evidence-Based Approach by Inpharmation’s Managing Director, Gary Johnson.