Many of the great pharma forecasting failures have focused too much on market shares and too little on the size of the market. Forecasting whether and by how much a market will grow is the “high-wire” act of pharma forecasting. Yet, forecasting this growth is essential when you are dealing with treatments for undertreated conditions or with breakthrough treatments.
Inpharmation’s pharmaceutical modelling software includes 5 powerful tools to help estimate key forecast assumptions, when your existing epidemiological sources lack data. This means that when you need to create a new forecast with limited resources, FlexiCast can quickly recommend evidence-based assumptions. The following tools are included:
- Market expansion Estimate if your new treatment could increase the size of the treated patient population.
- Epi-cascade Quickly build up a simple interpolated epi-cascade in <6 clicks.
- Adjustor Infer sensible epi cascade assumptions, including prevalence and treatment rates, from simple “best-guess” assumptions.
- Compliance estimator Estimate patient compliance using a calculators based on treatment characteristics and therapy-area dynamics.
- Continuation estimator Estimate continuation rates using a calculators based on therapy-area specific data sources.
Powerful tools to help estimate assumptions for the key levels of your forecast cascade.
"Flexicast is a great tool as it is based on evidence. This makes it a lot easier to sell forecasting results to top level decision makers."
Strategy and Portfolio Manager, Top-10 pharmaceutical company
Evidence-based pharma forecasting software
75% of the top-20 global pharma companies use Inpharmation’s evidence-based forecasting platform. When you need accurate and reliable forecasts, you need solutions that are based upon validated, pharma-specific models and tools.
Most importantly, your pharma-specific forecasting software needs to be specific to your brand’s therapy area:
- With 73 different forecast models, FlexiCast has evidence-based forecast models that are appropriate for all main therapy areas.
- Inpharmation’s oncology-specific forecast models have been validated in the major tumor types; across EU5, US and Japan.
- Inpharmation’s core share models have been validated across 24 of the major therapeutic areas for EU5, US and Japan.
Included in all FlexiCast software licenses is software training from Inpharmation. We’re experts in transferring our knowledge to our customers, in fact 93% of course attendees highly rate our forecasting training.
The evidence behind Inpharmation’s fact-based approach to pricing is meticulously documented in the book Sales Forecasting for Pharmaceuticals: An Evidence-Based Approach by Inpharmation’s Managing Director, Gary Johnson.