Modelling and Analytics – Graduate position
Starting salary £26K (reviewed at six months)
We are looking to recruit and train an exceptionally bright, self-motivated, hardworking and ambitious person to be a first class modeller and analyst.
This would be an excellent career move for someone newly or recently out of university who wants to gain lots of business experience and acquire skills and expertise that are highly valued by the pharmaceutical industry.
In this role, you will…
- Combine cutting-edge pricing and forecasting technology developed by Inpharmation with MS Excel programming to produce bespoke pricing and forecasting models.
- Rapidly assimilate an understanding of the technicalities of pricing and our methodologies and technologies.
- Design, build and maintain models which predict and model many business aspects of the pharmaceutical industry (for example, pricing strategy, international pricing systems and the effect of parallel trade).
- Analyse and document the results of your modelling.
- Investigate and document global market access regulations.
- Commission, design, set up and run market research projects.
Once you have developed your modelling and analytical skills and combined this with an excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, you will find yourself increasingly involved with customers…
- Demonstrate the capabilities of the models you develop to potential clients.
- Take briefs from customers and document specifications for projects and put together high-level impactful proposals.
- Liaise with customers throughout the projects you are working on.
- Train customers on the best ways to forecast and develop pricing strategies for pharmaceuticals.
- Deliver your reports, models, findings and analysis to high-level pharma executives – this requires marshalling your work and findings into impactful and illuminating presentations.
- Train your customers to use the models and simulators you have built.
- Run two-day courses training our customers to use our off-the-shelf programs.
We are offering…
- A unique chance to work in an area that is highly valued by the pharmaceutical industry.
- An extraordinary opportunity to acquire a wide range of skills, a broad knowledge base and first-class business skills.
- An ongoing development program tailored to your skill set and abilities.
- A chance to work with like-minded, highly intelligent, innovative, dynamic people.
- A chance for you to shine. We are a small, intellectually rigorous company. We recognise, harness and develop talent; everybody’s contribution counts.
- A starting salary of £26,000 reviewed at six months.
- Company pension contribution match of 5%.
- Remuneration strongly linked to your performance.
- A generous bonus scheme that reflects individual, team and company performance.
- Paid holiday allowance of 27 days each year.
- A graduate with a 2:1 or higher from a top-twenty university in a life-science, biological science, science, economics or similar.
- Computer literate and with a knowledge of Excel and some spreadsheet modelling.
- Able to demonstrate a good intuitive grasp of mathematics and basic statistics. (An A grade in maths at GCSE is a minimum. There will be a numerical reasoning test at interview.)
- Able to digest large volumes of data and make the data talk. Once trained, you will perform regular reviews of the pricing and market access landscape literature.
- Excellent at written communication – once trained you will communicate with our customers, document your models, write proposals and put together presentations.
- Able to communicate clearly on the phone and in person. Many of our customers speak English as a second language: the onus is on us to facilitate understanding.
- Able to demonstrate a history of getting the job done on time and completed to a high standard.
- Supremely well organised: able to plan, prioritise and think ahead.
- Able to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Gifted with an eye for detail but also with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Happy to work on solo projects yet also enjoy working as part of a team.
- Well-presented with some presentation or public speaking experience.
- Prepared to travel in the UK, Europe, USA and further afield – occasionally at short notice.
If you can say yes to all of the above; if this is the sort of job and environment that would play to your strengths; if we sound like the sort of people you would like to work with… then we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV with a short covering letter telling us why this is the job for you.