Modelling and Analytics – Graduate position
Starting salary £27K (reviewed at six months)
We are looking to recruit and train a bright, self-motivated and ambitious person to be a consultant modeller and analyst working with the world’s leading global pharmaceutical companies.
This would be an excellent career move for someone newly or recently out of university who wants to gain lots of business experience and acquire skills and expertise that are highly valued by the pharmaceutical industry.
In your first eighteen months, you will…
- Develop expertise in the pharma landscape, pricing and forecasting methods.
- Work on designing and running market research projects to understand how clinical experts and payers will react to novel pharmaceuticals.
- Design and build models to predict pharmaceutical prices and use levels.
- Conduct research to enhance our technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Present research finding to and train our customers (senior executives in the global head quarters of leading pharmaceutical companies).
- Pass the examination of the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industries to ensure a broad background knowledge base.
In your second eighteen months, we expect you will…
- Take full responsibility for major projects.
- Develop specialist areas of knowledge and expertise that make you a “go-to person” in the company.
By the time you have been with us three years, we expect you will…
- Have been promoted to senior consultant with a strong reputation for delivering quality work on time to a superior standard.
- Have developed a depth of knowledge so that our sophisticated customers recognise you as an expert with world-class knowledge, skills and experience.
- Be able to turn research findings into strategic recommendations.
By the time you have been with us five years, we expect you will be…
- A first-class business consultant with depth and breadth of knowledge: You will have worked on pharmaceuticals at all stages of development and covering all major disease areas.
- The lead on major projects.
- Looking forward to a major promotion that reflects your expert status.
We are offering…
- A starting salary of £27,000 (increasing to £29,000 on successful completion of a six‑month probationary period).
- Ongoing remuneration strongly linked to your performance.
- A generous bonus scheme that reflects your individual performance.
- 27 days’ paid holiday each year (plus Bank Holidays).
- A company pension contribution match of 5% of your salary.
This is a unique chance to…
- Work in one of the most sophisticated, challenging and dynamic industries in the world.
- Acquire highly valued technical and business skills.
- Work with very smart, innovative and motivated colleagues.
Is this you?
- A graduate with at first or 2:1 from a top-twenty university with a degree in a life/biological science, science, economics or similar subject.
- Excellent grades at A level. Sciences and maths preferred.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet modelling.
- Maths literate with an understanding of statistical concepts.
- A strong communicator (writing, face-to-face; one-to-one, groups, presentations).
- Prepared to travel in the UK, Europe, USA and further afield – sometimes at short notice.
- Able to work from our offices in Stokenchurch, HP14 3FE, Buckinghamshire.
If the sound of this role excites you and you think it might play to your strengths, let’s talk.